Friday, October 7, 2011

Who knew how this Apple Pumpkin bread would be used

I decided to make some Apple Pumpkin Bread w/ Caramel Icing and the batch made 2 large loaves.  That is too much sweet bread just laying around my house so I decided to freeze one loaf.  Not even thinking that God was going to use this for His purposes.

I was at school and over heard a new young teacher sharing that she was leaving home because she was sick.  I didn't think too much of it but felt sad for her because I had heard that she had been sick for several days now.  Well as I was on my way home the thought popped in my head "call her".  I got home and decided I would offer to make her a meal and that would be my call.  I soon realized my day was packed with other errands and that making an extra meal that day would probably not happen.  So I just thought I would do it tomorrow.  Well the thought was still there to call her and suddenly I remembered the loaf of Apple Pumpkin bread in the freezer.  I called her and asked her if I could stop by with some homemade bread.  We had a good time getting to know each other and later she emailed me to thank me and said "you have no idea how your visit and bread ministered to me". 

I really don't but I am so glad that the Lord used something simple that I enjoy doing at home during the day while the boys are at school and Ben is working, to minister to one of His children. 
Such a wonderful reminder to me that He can use me wherever I am at even in the kitchen slaving over a hot stove, just kidding that's not how I view it.

No comments: