Thursday, October 9, 2008

Whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me



Give the world the best you have
And it may just not be enough;
Give the world the best you have anyway.
You see, in the final analysis,

It is all between you and God.
It was never between you and them anyway.

Mother Teresa

As I walked up the flight of stairs of the childrens hospital I stared at the chipped, dirty walls. I had no idea what would be waiting for us when we got to our assigned floor- broken bones and trauma. We had been warned that it may wreak, that the conditions may be horrible, that kids stayed there for weeks until their parents could pay the bill, that some kids lay there all alone b/c parents had to go out and work to pay the bill, that it would break our hearts to see these little patients.


That is exactly what happened it broke my heart to see this little girl lying in bed in a cast from her waist down b/c she was just operated in hopes that she would finally be able sit up. She had been living her whole little life on her back unable to sit up. As I walked over with a balloon in my hand she gave me a croocked smile. I tried to be cheery for her though it hurt to see her like that. She was also mentally challenged so she couldn't talk she just grunted with her little lopsided smile. I was glad that a balloon would bring such joy to her. I walked away holding back the tears and reminding myself what Mother Teresa said trying to be content with having given her the best I had and that was a green balloon with red ribbon.


We have a team about 30 kids. We split up onto different floors and go share the gospel, pray, listen, color and bring balloons and cookies to the kids. It's neat to watch our high schoolers in action! I pray that God would use us in a big way to be love, light and hope to these hurting families. We will do this once a week.



Here is a large room with 8 kids and their families. As you can see the beds are very old though I was glad to see an old chipped cheery murals on the wall.

No comments: