Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sometimes its the small things

When I was a little girl(all you smarty pants I know your saying you still are) I remember every morning that I rode to school just as I got in the car at 5:45a.m. a mans loud voice would bellow the classic hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness. Though at that time in my youth I had no idea what it meant I just knew it was something I could count on everytime I got in the car. My father made a choice when I was young and that was only Christian music would be played in our car. So that is why every morning I could count on that song coming on. That small thing impacted my life in ways I had no idea until I became an adult.

God has put us here in Ecuador to impact the lives of the students at Alliance Academy. Sometimes I think big and I forget that it doesn't have to be big to change someones life, it doesn't have to be a long speech, or a moving mentoring session sometimes its just your everyday consistent walk in the Lord. So as we start this year with many options and ways to serve Him we pray that we would be consistent in our walk. We would be consistent in our walk as we struggle, as we rejoice and as we live each day.

No comments: